Nothing is more true than: I love shoe!!! And I have to confess that I am pretty sure that quite a few of “my brides” do love shoes and that you do the same. If you look on line you will find a lot of article and tips on what to buy, when to buy, flats or heels?, White??? But which kind of white….. while organizing your marriage you will discover an enormous quantity of different white…. so you learn that white is not just white!!! Make in silk or satin, and why not lace? And why not sandals? Are you going to have your wedding on the beach?? So shoes on a wedding day became a big issue!
For my wedding it was not so hard to choose and here it is why: I am little bit over weight and I love to dance. So my MUST word was COMFORTABLE. Not too high, not too slim. But I have the great opportunity to be Italian and more over from Tuscany, where we have the greatest shoe maker so it was easy to decide : tailor- made shoes with the tissue of my dress. It was a great choice. In my mind I was thinking that I would have coloured ( painted) them after the wedding and reused them, but it was not possible, cause I decided to keep them the way they were for my memory.
Anyhow I did not want to talk about me and my wedding shoes. I was just brining back to my mind the shoes that my brides have been wearing in this past season. I told you I love shoes so I always have a picture of them. I have seen that the shoes to reflect a lot the bride personality and even if on line sometimes you find suggesting about buying a not too expensive pair of shoes it is not what happens most of the time is that if we are in love with a pair of shoes we just go for them.
To be honest the ONE and ONLY suggestion that I have for you all bride to be is: “please wear them a bit before the wedding, just to get used to a new pair of shoes, as you will always do, and if you want to have high heel, practice a bit and go for them. Ask you maid of honor to carry a second pair of shoes and all will be more than fine.
I did copy from a web site the following tips and tricks that I found really nice.
Tips and Tricks
- Wear your shoes in before your wedding day! Don’t wear them for the first time on your big day, that’s a recipe for a blister-fest. Instead, practice walking in them a few times before your big day.
- Bring a spare pair and keep them under the bridal table
- Pack a footwear survival kit; things like band-aids and gel inserts may help with blisters caused by dancing.
- Take your wedding dress shopping with you when you look for bridal shoes, or if that’s not possible see if you can take a fabric swatch. This is particularly handy for brides who are trying to colour match.
- If you can’t find the shoe you want, whether it be the right colour or style, consider having them made.
- Purchase some shoes grips to place on the bottom of your shoes if they are a tad slippery. Otherwise, the old trick of scraping the bottoms of your shoes on concrete should do the job!
- If you are having your wedding dress made, you may have to purchase your wedding shoes earlier than expected. This is because the dress designer will need to make the dress according to your height and measurements.
You must be logged in to post a comment.